Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where was I ? The comeback post

Its been a really long time since I blogged something. The reason, well, I've been busy. No not exactly, rather, I was plain lazy. Its been quite an interesting month. There were lots of things that got my attention.

First things first. I think I am turning into a grown-up. The reason? Politics have started to interest me. Blame it on TV and Indian Express. Blame it on Pratibha Patil (tai ?). Well, lot has been talked about her. So i dont want to be redundant. But yes, she's too bad a choice that people have started to sit up and take notice. She's been touted as the symbol of woman empowerment. Oh, Please, gimme a break! I can only feel sad that our country has to face this. An Italian pulling the strings of our Prime Minister and The President. What more can Rome ask for ?

But what really got my attention was what media did to Sunita Williams. They made her our "Crowning Glory"! Our Bahu in space!. I try to follow space shuttle missions as much as I can. Always. Not just this time. So i was pretty happy about the attention that it got. But that happiness was short lived. Soon they started to focus more on Sunita and less on the mission. To those who are reading this, one question. Does anyone know what was the shuttle's mission objective, other than bringing Sunita(Suni) back ? I guess you are still searching for the answer. Cant blame you. The media never gave it much coverage either.

Well there is nothing wrong in being proud of a person who is of Indian origin. But thinking that that achievement is an Indian one is ridiculous. And she has made her county proud. But that country happens to be the USA. Lets warm up to that fact.

No comments: